Friday 13 January 2023

Solar installation

Having recently had a solar 'home island' installation at my home, I'm going to document things here, warts and all.
I chose my supplier as they were local and appeared to have a good reputation, plus the equipment supplied is of European manufacture, as opposed to no-name Chinesium.

Home islanding means the ability to be 'off-grid' via a battery system that is charged by the 14 solar panels on the roof, which charge the batterys and can at the same time provide mains power to the home.
Plus, when the batteries are full, the system will put the excess energy back into the grid, thereby earning me some money.
In the event of mains grid failure, the system automatically and seamlessly powers my home from the batteries, providing of course there is suffiient charge in the battery bank!

The system works pretty much 'as advertised' - but as a licenced Radio Amateur, my worst fears have been realised.

I am liasing with my supplier in an attempt to mutually rectify the horrendous 'noise' this system creates across the whole of the HF spectrum during daylight hours, rendering my hobby almost unusable from dawn to dusk.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment